Jun 5, 2011

What to keep in your freezer...

I wanted to make a list of foods that I keep in my freezer that help me make quick and easy meals for the family.

Sausages (turkey or pork - have your butcher wrap them in sets of 2, so you can just pull out what you need)
1-2 lbs Ground Turkey or Beef
Chopped Organic Spinach - I add this to everything (pasta, soup, rice) so that Ethan can get enough greens when he is feeling picky.
Frozen Organic Veggies
Frozen Organic Tamales
Meatballs - make these ahead and store them in your freezer in ziplocks - i put about 6-8 in a ziplock and just pull them out to add to pasta or soup.
Chicken Cutlets - ideally, you could make a big batch of these and store them like the meatballs.
Frozen Fruit - toward the end of berry season, I like to stock my freezer with berries so I have them throughout the summer and fall. These are great for oatmeal or smoothies.
Leftovers (of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment